ATC Manufacturing, a Lakeside Company, is currently featured in CompositesWorld Magazine as a leading expert on thermoplastic composite parts manufacturing. One of only a dozen manufacturers specializing in this cutting-edge technology, ATC is a leader in reducing aerospace parts’ weight, cost, and corrosion risk through their innovative manufacturing approach.
Started in 2004 by founder Dan Jorgenson, ATC focused on fast, efficient, and cost-effective thermoplastic composite parts production for the aerospace industry. Lakeside Companies became the primary shareholder in 2010. Since becoming a part of the Lakeside family, ATC has:
- Moved to a purpose-built 67,000 sqft manufacturing facility in Post Falls, ID
- Added new technical and manufacturing capabilities, including CCM (continuous compression manufacturing)
- Added a second CCM line in 2018 to accommodate growing demand
- Manufactured more than 1.1 million parts in 2019
- Participated in technology development programs with 12 different organizations, including DARPA, the Airforce Research Lab, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, NASA, and others.
Read the full CompositesWorld feature here, which includes a full facility walk-through.
In related news, ATC’s founder left Triumph Manufacturing to start ATC. Lakeside recently bought the Triumph Manufacturing facility, and you can read about our plans for that acquisition here.